PHP Classes

MDBTools did not support write access to the mdb files

Recommend this page to a friend!

Metabase  >  All threads  >  MDBTools did not support write...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:MDBTools did not support write...
Summary:MDBTools did not support write access to the mdb files
Author:swamyvnvs
Date:2010-04-02 05:02:35
Update:2010-04-02 05:31:28

1. MDBTools did not support write...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of swamyvnvs swamyvnvs - 2010-04-02 05:02:35
Hi,

Thanks for that.

But in the site 'http://bryanmills.net/archives/2003/11/microsoft-access-database-using-linux-and-php/' it has mentioned some limitations that

As of the time of writing this entry MDBTools did not support write access to the mdb files. This was fine for my purposes as I was reading data in and sticking it into a mysql database.
- There is a bug in MDBTools v0.5 which does not allow you to query tables or columns with an underscore. This was a bug I hit early on, but it has been fixed in new version 0.6 but that has not been released as of the time of writing this article. So I recompiled the 0.5 source code with the fix from the 0.6 CVS repository. I have bundled it into a 0.5 release and have the two rpms mentioned above here:
mdbtools-0.5-1.i386.rpm
mdbtools-odbc-0.5-1.i386.rpm

I would check the official download site before using my hacked version as I’m sure this bug will be fixed in 0.6 (plus rumor has write access will be present as well).

But my reauirement is to insert or update the data in mdb files.
May you please reply me soon.

Thanks & Regards.

2. Re: MDBTools did not support write...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2010-04-02 05:31:28 - In reply to message 1 from swamyvnvs
Please do not post to multiple threads with the same message.

MDB Tools already 0.6 provides some write access. Install it from the source.